9/13/08

Sinography pt. 1 (pt. 1 on this blog)

34. If a man is really meant to be judged by his actions and not his words, let us put the bible down for a second and take a look at this man's actions. Witch-hunts, The Crusades, Slavery, Divine providence, and the Catholics position of non-involvement during the Holocaust...These are the actions your faith has heaped upon his name. Our society rails against abortion, calling it immoral, calling it murder...all the while these same people suit our youth up to kill men, women, and children simply because their beliefs do not adhere to ours. These are your actions, now judge my words.

35. I do not worship The Devil, I hate him almost as much as I hate the image of god that Christianity has super-imposed over their ambition. I shall reject man's ambition by rejecting man's religion. I will accept that there can be no purity in anything that our species touches, or teaches. I will accept that Man will turn anything he can into a crusade for his own personal gain. Religion is against thought, because too much thought is against religion. I will take the time to figure out my own path, and I will also realize that my path cannot be the path for everybody else, therefore, it is not something that I should force upon everybody else. I will not force others to walk down my path, for such use of any one thought will turn it into a belief, and eventually wear down the soul. I was not borne with a title, and I have decided to discard the titles that other men have thrust upon me. I will now call myself a thinker, for that is what I am, and that is what I always will be...

I shall not look upon the man next to me and pretend that we are the same, because we are, and our egos will never allow either of us to admit it. Instead I will cherish and respect the minute differences that, for all time, will make us seem worlds apart. 10 fingers, 10 toes, two hands, one brain, will never be enough for us to call ourselves brothers. I will accept that the world will never change just because I wish it to, and that prayer is a poor substitute for action. I will not make excuses for my failures. I will either learn from them and grow stronger, or I won't and I will perish. I will accept that I am indeed an animal, and that the urges and impulses that I have been taught my whole to be wrong and sinful are all natural parts of my instinct, my will to survive...

No comments: