9/12/08

and it has all been moved....finally.

1. To get us started let me first define the two major terms that will be used in this series of rants I intend to write. Both of these concepts started with one simple definition, but over the years i have found both of these words to be quite versitile when describing my outlook on life. My whole philisophical profile revolves around them...

Sin

My rejection of morality as an unwinnable fight against instinct. The realization that at the end of the day we are all animals, and will act as such as the situation demands. No religious conviction or scientific theory can hide it...when it comes down to you or me it's going to be you if i have anything to say about it.

For this body of work Sin is also a description of any action man can perform without knowledge of how to perform said action.

Saint

The ability to look past instinct and behave rationally in an unrational world. The realization that instinct cannot control all in today's society and adjust accordingly.

In this body of work it also serves as my definition for knowledge, or any action that you have to learn to properly use.

Neither of these concepts should be misconstrued as good or evil, because both can be brutal or beautiful in their execution.

Everything after this is just random thoughts i've had through out the day that conform with my world view. This may be kind of long, but i felt like writing. Not to mention Myspace finally affords me the opportunity to get some critique on my work.

2. God; the most versitile word in the english language. How could such a concept gain so much stability through sheer interpretation?

3. The grossest form of interpretation, or misquotation linked with the word god to me is the concept of Original Sin being gained by eating the forbidden fruit of knowledge...Sin is the precursor to knowledge, it cannot be the result.

4. Man's greatest invention: I sat back and pondered on this question until suddenly it hit me; Our greatest invention has to be the fist. No: I don't believe that the fist is an instinctual action. The fist is a tool, a device you must learn how to create, and how to use properly. The fist is the start of all human violence, and all human power. Indeed, all historic and modern forms of violence imitiate its form. Pay attention to the shape of your hand while holding a gun, or a knife, a sword, or a club...notice how many different actions you do during the day (both constructive and destructive) that require a fist to do. The fist was the key to human survival. I can guarantee you that the inventors of wheel and fire lost their tools to knuckle and club...

1 comment:

Zero said...

nice dude, love it so far. Trying to get off my ass and write more but work has been killer lately.