9/12/08

More movement

27. I have always found concepts and language behind racism and prejudice to be perplexing. For some reason our ego will not let us define the terms truthfully, and that has led many to mis-interpret the people who infect the category.

I understand why racism has and always will exist (though I do not agree with it at all). It exists because the only natural predator that humans have left in this world is other humans. So we section ourselves off and isolate ourselves into groups to protect us from ourselves. Even in todays society strangers mean danger and as long as that is true we will continue to place judgement on those who are different from us and the social group in which we inhabit.

What bothers me about the definition of the concept is the word "hate" that always seems to be sown into the language...let me use and example. I hate cops, can't stand them, and I can't stand to be around them. These are the words my ego tells me to use when I describe my feelings about cops. In truth, I fear them. I fear the power that they have over me, and I fear the things they can do to me. The Racist, the Biggot, the man with prejudices may use the word hate, but they really mean fear...and that is a far more dangerous word by far.

28. If it's one thing I've learned from dealing with snakes is that animals consider a creature who is afraid to be dangerous, more likely to be irrational, more likely to attack or do harm to it. In my interactions with humans I am always more cautious of the ones who fear me...

29. Every day I am barraged by advertisements that range from idiotic to fucking retarded. While the very thought of them makes me want to smash my television and move to the jungles of Bornio to live a life of seclusion there is something that stands to be learned from them. These companies spend billions of dollars a year hiring advertising firms who in turn spend large amounts of time doing market research to determine how to best attract as many of our countries consumers as possible. They complete this research, find a target audience, and develop a comercial. So what does this mean? The majority of Americans are fucking retarded, and I'm gonna move to Bornio...

No comments: