9/12/08

Last bit of poetry

The moments refuse us,

as our faces devour our eyes

if we were dying like we should be

we could never get away with wasting our time

so what can I tell you baby?

what should I say?

is it me or is it memory

that scares you away?

Graphic
My obsession's in regression, my world is stained like glass.
Somehow, inside I always knew, this pain would never last.
So I'll smile ear to ear, because you carved it in my face
as I sit around and await the day that I will be replaced
"...and then there came the day she told me I look better in the grave, It seems to be the only time I manage to behave."
My prison's getting bigger, but a cage is still a cage
I'll be as visceral as your vernacular, as hollow as your rage
as I pretend to tell you things, I couldn't tell myself
but that is all I have...there is nothing else

Scapegoat

You swear he cried, swear he lied,
swear he gave up his life,
to make us all feel guilty.
Go to him, confess all sin, let him tell you what's within,
I hope you feel so guilty

Scapegoat, blame him for your failure,
blame it on your savior
I won't blame you when I wind up in hell
there's nothing left in this cold soul to sell

Split the ribs, catch his blood, kill the man from above
Nothing lasts forever
I don't care, I don't know, where I'm supposed to go
people preach, and they decieve, Beg me to believe
I'll believe in what I see, you never believed in me
let me go to hell in piece

Scapegoat, blame me for your failure
Blame it on your savior,
don't blame me when you wind up in hell
there's nothing left in your cold soul to sell

So Bright, So Pretty
I try to wish upon you, as you cut my words like glass,
and slit my wrists like roses, as if this pain would last,
your light bores into me, fucking with my sight,
every day you fade away, but i still hate you every night,
your star is so much brighter, my star is a black hole,
a fucking atom bomb, a truth without a soul,
your star devours mine, chews me up like meat,
your so fucking special, I am incomplete...

A River Or A Corpse
She had eyes made of iron, a face like a grave,
though the words and excuses are forgotten and dead,
the addictions remain the same
I know god is with her, and through her he shall never see me
on the outside she's pretty and perfect, she's special
Inside she's as filthy as me
I flow through you like sediment,
drifting away to where all discarded things go
if there's anything else you'd like to take from me
just be sure to let me know
you brought and end to redemption
and told me it was for the best
most was lost to indecision
I'll leave you all of the rest


No comments: